Our lab is excited to announce the arrival of a new lab coordinator, Grace Corrigan, coming all the way from California! Grace recently graduated from Scripps College in Claremont, California, where she received a B.A. in Psychology with Honors and minored in Linguistics.
Stay up-to-date on what’s happening in the Lab
Cynthia recently passed her General Exams officially becoming a doctoral candidate! AND her paper was published in the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders!
Leo passed his dissertation defense on May 25th, bravo! His degree will be awarded in August 2022.
Kaya and Devon each presented their research posters at INSAR 2022 held in Austin, TX, May 11-14. Bravo!
CLL undergraduate lab member, Jaydel Hernandez, won a NIH diversity supplement for Letty’s grant for a paid full-time internship this summer. Hooray!
Members of CLL attended LangFest 2022 on April 27th.
Members of the UConn Child Language Lab were able to come together for an end-of-the semester lab party (the first once since 2020). Congratulations to our one senior graduating, Devon!
Cynthia was awarded the Institute of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (IBACS) summer graduate fellowship. During this summer fellowship, she will be working on writing a NIH grant proposal to support her dissertation work.
Undergraduate honors student, Devon Murphy, will be attending the University of Connecticut School of Law in Fall 2022.
Lab coordinator, Juandiego Carmona, will be attending Teachers College, Columbia University, for his PhD in School Psychology starting Fall 2022.
Several members of the lab recently got accepted to present at the International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) 2022 Annual Meeting being held May 11-14 in Austin, Texas. See poster titles below!
- Autistic individuals may see emotions differently: How gradable adjectives can be used to determine emotional recognition- Devon Murphy, Lee Tecoulesco, Juandiego Carmona, Peter deVilliers, Letitia Naigles
- Differentiating among low, medium, and high “um” users with ASD and ADHD- Cynthia Boo, Nancy McIntyre, Peter Mundy, Letitia Naigles
- Identifying profiles of grammatical production in children on the autism spectrum via cluster analysis- Amanda Mankovich, Kacie Wittke, Jessica Blume, Ann Mastergeorge, Alexandra Paxton, Letitia Naigles
- Internal state language production in storybook versus personal narratives in TD children and children with ASD- Juandiego Carmona, Cynthia Boo, Letitia Naigles
- Investigating the relationship between early joint attention and later usage of verb subcategories in ASD- Kaya LeGrand, Julia Parish-Morris, Letitia Naigles